10lb Freezer Pack
10 lb Freezer Pack
This a selection of premium cuts, perfect to fit into that small freezer.
Contents include: Tenderloin, Boneless Loin Chops, Ribs and Roasts. Actual sizes and quantity of contents can be customised to suit your family size.
How to Cook Berkshire Pork Products:
All of our pork cuts are relatively tender, but no matter what the cooking method, the meat must be cooked until the juices are no longer pink, and they run clear.
Pork is usually roasted until medium / well done - to an internal temperature of 72oC. Roast at 230oC or 450oF for the first 20 minutes, then for:
- Rolled boned joints - as above, then reduce temperature to 180oC or 375oF and cook for 30 minutes per lb, plus an extra 30 minutes.
- Crackling - this is the crispy skin on the roast cooked until it is crispy and delicious. Before cooking pat the skin dry, score it then rub it with oil and salt. Do not baste during cooking or it will not be crisp. Increase temperature again for last 20 minutes of cooking. Cook roasts with crackling uncovered for the whole cooking time.
- Roasting in a Crock Pot - first sear the joint in a frying pan to seal and brown on all sides. Then place in a crock pot, cover and cook slowly for several hours. The meat should fall apart when done. Note: you will not produce crackling in a crock pot.
Pork Chops & Steaks:
- Thin and medium cut chops: For succulent, tasty meat you can grill, BBQ or pan fry for 6 to 8 minutes each side.
- Thick cut chops: Grill, BBQ or pan fry for 8 to 10 minutes each side.
- Roasted thick cut chops: Sear in a fry pan on both sides, then roast at 180oC / 350oF for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Stuffed Pork Chops: As an alternative - make a horizontal cut into the chop to create a pocket to contain a stuffing.
Back Ribs & Side Ribs:
Ribs are versatile and can be cooked several different ways. They can be cooked plain, or covered in a glaze or rib sauce of your choice. The best results are achieved by cooking low and slow - then just watch that meat fall of the bone.
Roasting: Cover and roast in a medium oven for approx 1 hour each side. Roast uncovered for last half hour.
Crock Pot: Cook slowly for 3 to 4 hours on the high setting.
BBQ: Cook at 120oC / 250oF maximum, for about 4 hours - turn them and spray to keep moist every hour. Alternatively roast for 1 hour each side, then finish on the BBQ.