6 sausages per 454g pack
$8.50 per pack
This is our version of this traditional recipe - a mild sausage with plenty of flavour. The fusion of lean pork shoulder, black pepper, nutmeg, mace, allspice and just a hint of onion results in a tantalisingly tasty sausage. This is by far our best seller!! They are great eaten any way you like, and will appeal to all ages.
Ingredients: Pork, water, salt, onion powder, spices.
How to Cook Sausage Products:
There are some general rules for cooking Irvings Farm Fresh sausages:
- NEVER PRICK OUR SAUSAGES - you will let the juices escape!
- Cook LOW AND SLOW
- Cut links cleanly with a sharp knife or scissors.
- Cook until internal temperature reaches 74oC or 165oF - use an instant read meat thermometer for best results.
- Baking: Place on a roasting tray in a medium oven for 25-30mins. To cook directly from frozen extend the cooking time to about 45 minutes.
- Frying: Fry on a low heat for about 25 minutes, turning occasionally to evenly brown the sausages.
- Grilling / Broiling: Grill / Broil under a medium hot grill, for about 20 mins turning occasionally.
- Poaching: Poach in simmering water for about 10 mins and then brown on a griddle or frying pan. Alternatively poach in stock or gravy in a casserole or stew. For an alternative taste - sausages can also be poached in beer!
- BBQ: Preheat the BBQ then cook over a low heat for about 20 mins, turning occasionally.
- Griddles / Grilling machines: These work well too. Monitor sausages to avoid overcooking and drying out.
Pan fry, grill or BBQ for approx 15 mins on a medium heat. Turn once during cooking.
Place frozen sausage rolls directly on a baking sheet, brush with milk or egg, and bake in a med/hot oven 200oC / 400oF until pastry puffs up and turns golden brown. Serve hot or cold. Reheat previously cooked sausage rolls in a medium oven for approx 15 mins.