Sweet Chilli Zinger Penne Pasta
This is a simple penne pasta dish with a tomato based sauce that features the medium heat of our Sweet Chilli Zinger Sausages. If you like it really hot, you could make this with the Habanero Chilli Sausages instead.
- 1 lb Sweet Chilli Zinger Sausages
- 1 tbsp oil
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 14oz can diced tomatoes
- ½ cup dry red wine
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- ½ tsp chopped oregano
- 1 cup fresh basil – torn into small pieces
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 21/2 cups penne pasta, cooked and drained
- Fresh grated parmesan cheese.
Fry sausages in a heavy pan over a medium heat, until cooked and browned all over. To prepare sauce, heat oil in a pan over a medium heat. Sauté onion and garlic, and then add tomatoes, red wine, tomato paste, herbs, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for approx 10 minutes. Slice sausages diagonally, and stir into the sauce. Toss sauce with the hot cooked penne. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Serves 4.