Making crispy pork crackling is one of the highlights of having a roast of pork. It is crunchy, salty, and slightly fatty. Just delicious!
Whichever roast you choose to cook, always select one with a generous layer of skin over the top.
- Pat skin dry. Ideally leave it uncovered in the fridge overnight.
- Rub with salt and oil to help the fat render and the skin to puff and crisp.
- Weigh the piece of meat and roast uncovered for 25 mins at 450oF, then turn the oven down to 350oF and roast uncovered for 25 mins per 450g/1lb.
- If the crackling is not crispy enough, you can put under the broiler, but watch it carefully so it doesn't burn.
- Rest the meat for 10-15 mins before carving.